I am back from another holiday! This time from Hong Kong! While I was in HK I discovered a South Korean brand called Faith in Face with really nice hydrogel masks and I must introduce you all to it!
What’s so different about these masks?
These masks are unlike any other masks I have tried. They are sheet masks but not made of paper/fabric like they normally are but as their name suggests, it has a gel texture! It’s like.. have you guys ever used the gel eye masks? It’s like that but for the whole face!
Faith in Face currently has 5 different types of hydrogel masks. According to the website, hydrogel mask in itself have good moisterizing properties. Each of the 5 different types of masks are especially formulated with additional benefits depending on your needs. You can choose different masks according to the purpose of use and your skin condition.
The 5 hydrogel masks available are:
- Miss Invisible Pore: for pore tightening
- Hold Me Tight: for firm skin
- Nourish Me: for…nourishment?
- After Shower Look: moisturizing and soothing
- Black and White Film Star: brightening
I bought the Miss Invisible Pore and After Shower Look hydrogel masks. I also bought their Eye Am Not Tired eye masks but haven’t tried it yet.
How to use:
- After cleansing your skin, take the mask out of the packet. The hydrogel mask is split into two: one for the bottom half of the face and one for the top half. Because the hydrogel is so flimsy, the mask has backing plastic sheets on both sides of the mask to help hold its shape. To put on the face. first take the piece of mask for the bottom half of the face and peel off the thicker plastic backing sheet. Don’t peel off the other thinner side yet. Smooth the mask onto your face and then peel off the other plastic sheet.
- Now take the piece for the top half of the face and do the same.
- Leave mask on for 20 to 30 minutes. Take off and massage any excess for better absorption. Note there is no need to rinse off.
Note: Faith in Face tips says you may want to refrigerate the mask for better results.
My Review and Thoughts:
So far I have got only 2 out of the 5 masks and I gotta say I’m really pleased with the products and would definitely be buying more! The masks have a nice floral scent which isn’t too strong and is very pleasant. Because the masks are gel type, they adhere to your skin really well and fits the face shape better. After I take the mask off there isn’t really much excess liquid on the skin so I assume it was all nicely absorbed into the skin haha.
The After Shower Look mask is indeed really moisturizing and after using it I do feel like my skin is smoother.
With the Miss Invisible Pore mask, I can’t say for certain whether my pores did go smaller or not. Afterall there are only 3 pieces in a pack and I don’t expect a miracle and my pores to suddenly disappear from just doing 3 masks! But I can tell you that after I do the mask my face does feel matte. It’s not dry but just… matte. I normally got super oily skin so I am just surprised at how matte my skin is afterwards. I did the mask before I went to bed and my skin was still matte the next day. Is this how a normal person feels everyday if they got nice non-oily skin?? (so jealous…)
Now for the all important question: where to get them?
I got these from Mannings in Hong Kong and don’t know any other physical stores that sell them outside of Korea except for online stores such as ebay.com, gmarket.co.kr and yesstyle.com. Unfortunately I cannot remember how much I paid for the masks because I bought a whole bunch of stuffs from Mannings at the time and the price tag isn’t stuck to the product. But they weren’t expensive, probably around AUD$7 for a pack of 3. Seriously, if you can get hold of these masks, try them! Highly recommended!